Norwegian Wood

12:34 PM

Assalamualaikum and hye,

I had just finish my Isya' prayer just before I wrote this. Nothing to be surprised of, but yeah some people would say it's alright and some people would get angry for me to delay my Isya' prayer. That's all depends on what ulama' says tho; some said it's alright to delay the Isya' preyer and some prefers not to.

Before I'm having my Isya' prayer, I finished my reading on Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. I read the first half of the book a few weeks ago while I was traveling to my hometown in Kuching, but as soon as I reach home I was totally unable to gather my strength, pick up the book and finish it. Tonight however, I got hungry, and instead of munching snacks while watching Kpop videos as usual, I've decided to munch while reading. Of course my choice would be the book that I've left hanging eversince I went back home and come back to Ipoh.

Frankly speaking, I don't approve of getting rid all of your worries via sexual acivities, it seems unhealthy too. However, the protagonist, Toru Watanabe is too covered up in the blanket of sorrow since his bestfriend's death. Or suicide to be exact. Reading the first half of the book left me hanging, but then finishing the second half of the book cleared my mind more. Like Watanabe did, I could perfectly offer my advice, voicing what I want to voice out or listening to people's story, but I realized that both of us are quite hard to open up, especially when it involves the deepest, utmost secret that the heart wanted to keep to itself. It's even worst that I got a problem adapting, but Watanabe is still an imagination set up by Murakami.

Imagination or not, the protagonist is able to touch my heart even better than any protagonists in any other books, even if they were written by Jane Austen or Jodi Picoult. Let's just say I clicked more with male writers compared to females, male writers are much more straight to the point, and I say that I love on how Murakami jot down his thoughts and principles of life i the novel.

On the downside, I don't like it how the women are portrayed as the creatures that can give their body as easy as that to men. I personally think that the females lacked decency when it comes to that, but I also love Midori's personality who was so curious about what male thinks of. I mean, i's natural right? I don't know about you, but I am the type of girl who got curious on what's going on in the mind of a person of the opposite gender as well.

In a span of a few years, Watanabe met countless people in which each of the got their own principle, reasons and opinions, and lost some, but in the end, we all learn from it or reject it completely. That's life, dear. Each of us got our own Naoko (past) or Midori (future), it's a matter of knowing or exciting. For me the past is past, the past can control the future but the future absolutely can't change the past. However, the choice we made during present can steer the future into a whole new direction, if we think of it wisely and logically.

All for now. I'm uttering craps, but you must know that I am no good with my words, you might not understand to what am I trying to say or imply, but bear with it.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images